The International Social Science Council’s 2nd World Social Science Forum (WSSF) will take place on 13‐15 October, 2013 in Montréal, Canada.
The theme and focus for the 2013 Forum is “Social Transformations and the Digital Age”
The Forum will include plenary presentation/discussion sessions, and parallel panel
presentations/discussion sessions. The conference organizers welcome suggestions for alternative or hybrid forms of presentation that take advantage of the features of digital technologies.
Call for Panels
Groups of scholars are invited to submit an abstract for a panel to the WSSF 2013 website
Panel sessions will be about 2 hours in duration, should include 3‐6 panelists, and allow ample time for discussion (see “Conditions for Acceptance of Proposals” below). The submission should include an overall title, a short abstract, the name of the coordinator, the names of participants and their institution, and the title of each individual presentation. Please follow the instructions and format indicated on the panel proposal link http://wssf2013.org/propose‐panel
Call for Papers
Individual scholars are invited to submit abstracts for papers to the WSSF. Submissions should include a title, a short abstract, name and affiliation of the author/s.
Papers accepted for presentation will be consolidated according to sub‐theme by the Forum Scientific Programme Committee into coherent panels.
Click here to propose a paper: http://wssf2013.org/propose‐paper
Call for other forms of presentation
Scholars are invited to consider making use of digital technologies (subject to availability of facilities at the conference venue) in presenting their work. Send a short description of the idea, plus name and affiliation to email@example.com
1. The proposal deadline is 15 January 2013.
2. Applicants will be notified of decisions by April 2013.
3. Successful applicants are expected to provide an extended abstract (2,000 words) to the ISSC no later than 9 September 2013
Conditions for Acceptance of Proposals
– Funding for full participation at the WSSF is normally each individual’s or panel organisation’s responsibility. Accepted participants may also apply in special circumstances for ISSC travel grants and scholarships. Please refer to the WSSF website for information on application deadlines and other details.
– Proposals must satisfy the WSSF Scientific Programme Committee on the basis of relevance, original content, innovation and/or topicality. Preference will be given to panels that are comparative and cross‐regional, interdisciplinary (between social sciences) or trans‐disciplinary (between social sciences and natural sciences, humanities, etc.).
– Queries on procedures and processes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and details can be found on: http://www.wssf2013.org