The Slovenian Language Technologies Society (SDJT), the Centre for Language Resources and Technologies at the University of Ljubljana (CJVT) and the research infrastructures CLARIN.SI and DARIAH-SI organise the conference “Language Technologies and Digital Humanities” on 20 and 21 September 2018. The conference has more than a 20-year tradition, and in 2016, the thematic expansion to digital humanities was introduced.
Thematic areas of the conference
The conference aims to bring together researchers from various backgrounds and methodological frameworks. The main topics include but are not limited to:
- Speech and other mono- and multilingual language technologies
- Digital linguistics: translation studies, corpus linguistics, lexicology and lexicography, standardisation
- Digital humanities and historical studies, ethnology, musicology, cultural heritage, archaeology, and fine arts
- Digital humanities in education and digital publishing
We welcome submissions that present guidelines, research, good practices, projects and results in these areas. The conference will also include invited lectures, a student section, and round tables on topics related to the conference. The official languages of the conference are Slovene and English.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to extend their JTDH 2018 papers for a special English issue of the journal Contributions to Contemporary History. The journal is indexed in the Scopus database. Each of the selected papers will go through the journal’s regular review procedure and should be prepared according to the journal’s guidelines.
Instructions for authors
The authors are invited to submit either a full paper or an extended abstract describing work to be presented at the conference. The extended abstract will be published in the book of abstracts and the full papers in the conference proceedings, which will be published on the conference website under the Creative Commons license at the beginning of the conference. We leave it up to the authors whether to submit their contribution anonymised or not.
The official languages of the conference are Slovene and English.
The extended abstracts should be 2-4 pages long and the full papers 6–8 pages. The camera ready papers and extended abstracts should be formatted according to the conference guidelines:
- 01/04/2018 Deadline for submission of papers or extended abstracts
- 15/06/2018 Notification of acceptance
- 15/06/2018 Registration opens
- 31/08/2018 Submission of final papers or extended abstracts
- 01/09/2018 Registration deadline
- 20–21/09/2018 CONFERENCE
Registration and fees
- Registration fee:
- regular participants: 80 EUR
- students, co-authors and participants without a paper: free of charge
- Registration deadline: 01 September 2018
More information: www.sdjt.si/jtdh-2018/en