I. General Information
The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) invites submission of abstracts for its annual conference, on any aspect of digital humanities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- humanities research enabled through digital media, data mining, software studies, or information design and modeling
- social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities;
- computer applications in literary, linguistic, cultural, and historical studies, including electronic literature, public humanities, and interdisciplinary aspects of modern scholarship;
- quantitative stylistics and philology, including big data / textmining studies;
- digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games, and related areas;
- emerging technologies such as 3D printing, single-board computers, wearable devices, applied to humanities research;
- creation and curation of humanities digital resources; and
- digital humanities in pedagogy and academic curricula.
For the 2016 conference, contributions that address social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities are welcome; but also contributions that address quantitative and statistics methods applied to texts and submissions on interdisciplinary work and new developments in all field of digital humanities.
Presentations may include:
- posters (abstract maximum 750 words);
- short papers (abstract maximum 1500 words);
- long papers (abstract maximum 1500 words);
- multiple paper sessions, including panels (regular abstracts + approximately 500-word overview); and
- pre-conference workshops and tutorials (proposal maximum 1500 words)
The deadline for submitting poster, short paper, long paper, and multiple paper session proposals to the international Program Committee is midnight GMT, 1 November, 2015. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by 7 February, 2016.
Workshop proposals are due by midnight GMT, 14 February, 2016, with notice of acceptance by 7th March, 2016.
For DH2016, workshops endorsed by a SIG can be proposed by midnight GMT, 15 December 2015, with notice of acceptance by 30th of January 2016.
For more information please follow the link to the conference website.