27/03/2013 – 30/04/2013
The Fondation Maison de Science de l’Homme and the Gerda Henkel Foundation offer two 12-month postdoctoral fellowships for researchers in the humanities who wish to carry out an individual research project within the international setting of the Collège d’études mondiales in Paris, to integrate and/or develop scientific international networks in France and to build long-term partnerships between their home institution and the French host institution. Applications from promising young scholars worldwide are welcome.
Research projects in the following fields are supported in particular:
Global History, Art History, History of Science, Islamic Studies, Philosophy.
Applications need to be related to the scientific activities developed by the permanent and associated researchers of the Collège d’études mondiales.
To match the Programme standards, applicants have to submit a solid and innovative research proposal, to show a strong international commitment as well as quality publications in high-impact journals.
Application procedure :
- The deadline for applications is April 30th, 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications are submitted electronically via www.college-etudesmondiales.org
Eligibility criteria :
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) as at the date of application (i.e. dissertation successfully defended)
- The application must be submitted within six years of defending their doctoral dissertation. Exceptions may be granted for some cases of career breaks
- Applicants need to establish contact with one of the CEM Chair holders who agrees to host the applicant for the duration of the fellowship
- Applicants must be fluent in French or English
Each application file must include:
- A Curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A detailed research project proposal (5 pages long maximum, plus a bibliography of 2 pages maximum), in English or French
- A copy of the doctoral diploma
- A summary of the applicant’s doctoral dissertation (max 2 pages) in English or in French
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from scientific scholars from France or elsewhere
- A welcome letter from the CEM chairholder
Selection procedure :
- Scientific assessment by two international referees
- Final selection by the Academic Board
- Publication of results : June 2013
Start date :
- Fellowships will start from September 2013 onwards
Gerda Henkel Foundation/Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme
Sciences humaines et sociales